Saturday, July 2, 2011

precious fun day

Why I would think of that now is beyond me but thats what ricky always called amanda or said to her. I was thinking of our afternoon. Mother and I went to susy's and had a very simple quiet lunch. of course every meal she serves is elegant no matter how small, but it was so nice. fresh tomatoes off the vine which mother loved. corn on the cob and a bread that was very good. mom loves all the kids and grandkids and grt grand kids etc but she doesn't deal well with the big get togethers anymore. loves them but her nerves just can't handle it like before when she was running the big dinners.    since she had the stroke, her patience is taxed with the slightest change. We actually had time to talk and just enjoy eachothers company. I mended some dresses for a friend today and wednesday, kim came over and we made pillowcase dresses for the girls. they turned out really cute and she made the cutest bows for their hair. I'm told they all fit them and the girls love'em. they are all so precious. looks like I will have bekah and ben around the 10th. It will be good to have them around again for a little bit. another story. My brother took care of conner for a good while and conner enjoyed him a lot. jimmy, due to arthritis and other ailments sometimes gives a slight groan,grunt or some little sound when getting up from the floor or chair and they noticed that conner was doing it. it took a minute to figure out what was wrong and there was nothing wrong. he was just doing what uncle jimmy did. such innocents is priceless. which brings me to another story. when adam was a little one, I was watching him while his mom took racheal to dance class. he asked why she went there. I told him "well, dance teaches you poise and control" his reply " I know about that poisoncontrol, my mommy has it on the fridgerator" I laughed so hard. they don't always hear what we are saying. how different through a childs eyes. prayers for all and good 4th of july.

No comments:

Post a Comment