Monday, July 4, 2011

habits,desires

I don't know how much longer I can pretend I don't know moms smoking again. do I get to feel guilty because I smoke in the bedroom. Do I tell her, so she can really start smoking, because she will if she thinks she isn't hiding it from me. I know she doesn't have a very fun life with all the problems she has but I know it won't take long for her to be back in the hospital if she goes full ahead with smoking. Do I have any right to halt it, tell her I know, let her have what she wants. I hate these decisions. she is still capable of having her own way. I think. at what point do we determine folks are no longer able to make decisions for themselves. well I guess I will play it by ear for a bit longer. I think it's been going on for at least 3 months, for sure this last month and she ain't trying to hide it as good. well we'll see. I know she comes to the door a lot more to see what I am doing.  I also know that all my siblings will preach at her and me. I can't make her do anything at this point and when she gets sick she looks to me to help fix it and try as I may, I can't fix this and the braver she gets, the more possiblity of fire etc. In a home she would get three or four a day if they allow smoking at all. oh well. so much for whining.

No comments:

Post a Comment